What Eating Too Much Sugar Does to Your Brain - PsychologyToday (article link)
- Created on Sunday, 17 February 2013 00:24
Overeating, poor memory formation, learning disorders, depression—all have been linked in recent research to the over-consumption of sugar. And these linkages point to a problem that is only beginning to be better understood: what our chronic intake of added sugar is doing to our brains.
Top Healthy Foods You Should Be Eating This Year (But Aren’t) - Yahoo (article link)
- Created on Tuesday, 01 January 2013 19:32
"On top of delivering a raft of cancer-fighting antioxidants, kale is one of the vegetable world's top sources of vitamin A, which promotes eye and skin health and may help strengthen the immune system."
Republicans Delay U.S. Farm Bill "farmers in limbo", Climate Change, Drought, Food Shortage, Cost of Food Going Up - CNN iReport (videos)
- Created on Sunday, 28 October 2012 19:48
Prices are already going up, supply and demand, due to drought and delaying the farm bill "farmers in limbo" could increase this food shortage.
Treat Yourself to Delicious (and Healthy!) Desserts - Women'sHealth (article link)
- Created on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 11:58
Here, find nutritious ice cream, chocolate treats, and more sweets that’ll satisfy your cravings—without ruining your diet
The Best Packaged Fruits and Veggies - Women'sHealth (article link)
- Created on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 11:50
The most convenient way to get your five daily servings
How apples can help you lose belly fat and control your appetite - Chatelaine (article link)
- Created on Sunday, 27 November 2011 17:56
"ND stresses the need for detoxification to balance hormones. For example, when our estrogen is balanced, it is easier to fight PMS and reduce water weight. Apples contain a whopping 7mg of calcium D-glucarate, a phytochemical that plays an important role in liver detoxification and estrogen balance. "
Does an Apple a Day Really Keep the Doctor Away? - ABC News (video)
- Created on Friday, 29 April 2011 22:00
Study reveals health benefits of apple
"EAT" An Effortless Weight Loss Solution - ABC News (video)
- Created on Friday, 29 April 2011 21:37
Dr. Ian Smiths offers tips on how to get the body you deserve.
Is Gluten-Free the Way to Go? - ABC News (video)
- Created on Friday, 29 April 2011 21:24
Our experts weigh in on the benefits and drawbacks.
Americans still may not be getting enough calcium - EurekAlert! (article link)
- Created on Friday, 29 April 2011 17:53
(Elsevier Health Sciences) Americans may not be getting enough calcium in their diets, according to a new study published in the May 2011 issue of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association. This study is unique among those focusing on calcium intake in the US population because both dietary and supplemental sources were evaluated across adult age groups and compared to accompanying patterns in energy intake.
Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea - MatchaSource (article link)
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 21:23
The health benefits of matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water.
- Rich in Antioxidants and Chlorophyll
- Contains Catechins Only Found in Green Tea
- 1 glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content.
The ORAC rating of matcha is 1300 units/g, compared to 105 units/g for pomegranates and 91 units/g for wild blueberries.
Top 10 Herbs and Spices - ABC News (video)
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 20:25
The health benefits of adding seasonings to your favorite recipes.
Double-Duty Foods - ABC News (video)
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 20:19
Certain foods have both health and beauty benefits.
The Office Diet - ABC News (video)
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 20:12
Tips and tricks to benefit your waistline.
Try Fish for Dinner - ABC News (video)
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 20:11
Nutritionist Cynthia Sass explains how to prepare a healthy fish dinner.
Drinkable marijuana to hit shelves - CNN (video)
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 18:02
One company is offering a soda-like version of medical marijuana.
Mom fights for healthier school lunches; Are you making your kid fat? - CNN (2 video)
- Created on Wednesday, 26 January 2011 17:50
In September 2010, school food activists told the government it was time to help districts serve better, healthier food.
Chef Domenica Catelli explains how you may be serving your family foods that pack on the pounds without knowing it.
[inflammation] Secret Benefits of Garlic - ABC News (video)
- Created on Thursday, 20 January 2011 23:39
- Garlic [lowers inflammation], inflammation is linked to premature aging and diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, obesity, autoimmune disease, and inflammatory disease like arthritis. -- In one study women who took garlic had lower levels osteoarthritis in the hip.
- The antioxidants in garlic [prevent oxidation] and protects the heart.
- Garlic contains natural anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal properties, and [boosts the immune system].
- The sulfur compounds relax the blood vessels, opens up circulation, less stress on the heart, lowers blood pressure, [increases circulation], the flow of oxygen and nutrients.
Study: Most kids meals unhealthy - CNN (video)
- Created on Thursday, 20 January 2011 05:14
A new study is revealing just how unhealthy most kids' meals are. CNN's Elizabeth Cohen reports.
Fast, healthy burgers at home - MSNBC (video)
- Created on Thursday, 20 January 2011 05:06
Skip the greasy fast-food joint and save calories by making your own meaty and tasty burgers at home with these deliciousrecipes from David Zinczenko, the author behind "Cook This, Not That!"